NEW APPOINTMENT PROCEDURES AND CONSENT –Please read thoroughly, confirming your appointment acknowledges that you have read/understand this information and new procedures.
At Kravitz Orthodontics, our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, staff, and our community. While cleanliness and sanitation has always been a primary part of our routine, we are putting in place increased and redundant sanitation procedures. We ask for your patience while we follow our disinfecting protocol to ensure everyone remains safe and healthy.
Here are the new steps for appointments:
- Upon arrival to building, please text 703-722-2900 (South Riding) or 703-729-0169 (One Loudoun) to let us know you’re outside, and we will let you know when the patient can come inside the building. Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time. Late arrivals may be asked to reschedule. If your appointment is on a weekend, please come directly into our office at your designated appointment time. Do not text from parking lot on weekend as we have limited weekend staff.
- For patients under 18 years old, we ask that only one parent accompany them, no other family members. We ask that this parent wait in the hallway, as we have limited waiting room seating due to the need for social distancing.
- Patient will wash hands in bathroom in hallway before coming into the office
- Anyone entering office should wear a face mask or face covering, please do not wear gloves into office
- Walk-in appointments are not allowed, must be confirmed ahead of time with front desk staff
- We will proactively schedule the next appointment for each patient, and are happy to reschedule by phone or text if a different day/time is needed. We will not schedule appointments at the front desk. Please understand that your next appointment will be scheduled at a farther date than usual due to the number of rescheduled appointments over the past 6 weeks.
CONSENT TO DENTAL TREATMENT AT THIS TIME
- I understand that the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not, given the current limits in virus testing.
- Dental procedures create water spray. It is unclear as to how long the ultra-fine nature of the spray may linger in the air, which can transmit the COVID-19 virus.
- I understand that the CDC recommends social distancing of at least 6 feet, and this is not possible with dentistry.
- I confirm that I/the patient/household members am/are not presenting any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 listed below: fever, shortness of breath, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat, body aches, diarrhea and/or vomiting, loss of sense of taste/smell.
- I verify that I/the patient/household members have not traveled outside the United States or domestically within the United States by commercial airline, bus, or train within the past 14 days.
IF FOR ANY REASON YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WOULD LIKE TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT, PLEASE TEXT OR CALL 703-722-2900 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE